He was well loved

I recently found this post in my drafts. These are collected sentiments from FB, DT and 10C. I've also received literally a hundred private messages from people as well. The outpouring of love and support for the loss of our Petey has been overwhelming. He was a well loved boy who we will forever miss.


#Sara Heartbroken and so very very sorry.

#Robin I'm so very sorry Carol. RIP sweet Petey.

#Jennifer So sorry for your loss. He was far too young to leave, but so lucky to be loved so, while he was here.

#Eric So very sorry, Carol.

#Jim So, so sorry....

#Larry So sorry to hear this Carol. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family. Dogs are an integral part of any family. RIP Petey.

#Claire I am so very sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you.

#Deirdre You tried so very hard to do everything you could and Petey knew that. Love to you and your family.

#Joe Carol Thinking of you.. sorry hearing the new about Petey... in my thougths...

#Christine oh Carol....Chris and I are very sadden to hear about your Petey. Those red boys imprint a special place in your heart. We will be thinking of you today. Dober hugs to you!!!!

#Diane So sorry, Carol.

#Katie Godspeed Petey. Im so sorry Carol. Thinking and praying for you and the fam ♥

#Linda sorry to hear the sad news..thinking of you all.

#Teri So much love pouring out for Petey, he must have given so much to be receiving so much. So sorry Carol. My prayers to you and your family.

#Eileen Carol, so sorry for your loss.

#Will So Sorry Carol, Pete was like a borther. Hell forever be missed!

#Beth I'm so sorry Carol for your loss. Petey was an amazing boy and was sooo very lucky to have you.

#Diane I am so sorry! I know he had a wonderful home and life with you and your family!

#Amanda Aunt Carol I'm so sorry for ur loss. Hugs to u an the family!

#Lois Carol - David & I send our most heartfelt condolences. Petey was our Dober-hero, he had such a zest for life, and he lived his days like a champ. And you - your campaign to give him the best life he could have, and to enjoy him every moment - well, hugs and a big shoulder for you to lean on and cry on, because you were hishero, and you are a human hero to us. We send you love, comfort and our tears.

#Gloria Carol- we are so very very sorry for your loss! Sending you our heartfelt condolences and prayers.

#Denise I am so sorry,Carol.

#Wendy Carol, I as so sorry to hear of your terrible loss. Every moment with a beautiful, loving friend like Petey is a blessing and now your most recent vacation with Petey will be even more memorable. I am so glad you had that special time with him, and that he was able to fight such a long and vallient battle. Rest in Peace dear Petey.

#Julie So sorry Carol. Losing a pet is so heartbreaking.

#Douglas Broke hearts all around. Sorry to hear the news Carol, I'll miss his nose where it doesn't belong and rubbing his butt. :(

#Traci Shocked to tears for you. I can't read any more comments......it's so apparent that he was loved as well and as much and by as many as is probably possible for any dog. We all send hugs to you and the family. You no longer have to fear for him and he will continue to be with you, always.

#Valarie OH MY!!! SO Sorry ......... May God put his arms around you and give you comfort (((((HUGS)))))

#Allison Carol and family. We are so sorry for your loss. We will all miss Petey

#Carleen Sanders OH NO!!! I feel I knew him through you!!! He knew how much you loved him!!! Praying for you and your family -so sorry for this painful loss!!

#Lisa Ann What a beautiful boy. So sorry baby girl...he'll run in good company. Hugs...

#Claudia So sorry Carol. :-(

#Joanne sorry carol!!xoxo

#Elizabeth Carol, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I"m so sorry, dobes are big hearts to bad they aren't healthy ones. I know a lot of tears are being shed for you and Petey.

#Leslie Add my tears to all of the others cried for you...I'm just so sorry.

#Larissa I'm so sorry Carol. He had a wonderful life with you.

#Deb I'm so sorry Carol. I know how much you loved him and you're in my prayers.

#Linda He was so lucky to have you!! RIP Petey! xo

#Debora So sorry to hear about Petey. May he be at peace. He will live forever in your memories.

#Ana So sorry for your loss. Run free, boy.

#Lisa Oh no Carol. So sorry. Petey had such a great life with all of you. Can't believe it, so so sorry for all of you.

#Meleah This is the worst news I could ever see first thing in the morning. I am so deeply sorry Carol, no words could ease this pain for you and your family. Godspeed sweet Petey, you were beyond loved. Run Free & sleep softly handsome boy.

#Ingrid R.I.P. sweet boy...

#Tony Oh no Carol I am so sorry to hear this,I know just how big the hole in your heart will be, Karen and I send love and hugs to you and your family,run free Petey my mate, find my Tia and wait for us in Heaven xxx.

#Cheri So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#Sondra I'm so sorry

#Lois I am so, so very sorry Carol. You are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP and run free sweet Petey boy.

#Afton Im so sorry. He had the best life with you. And what a great time he has had the last few weeks with all your family. My heart go to you, you have helped me with blades dcm. Heaven is a better place now, so sorry for your loss. "Hugs"

#Newtie We are sorry to hear about Petey. He had a wonderful life.
Paula and Newt

#Cheryl So sorry to hear that. You did everything possible for him. My heart goes out to you.

#Valerie Carol, we're very sorry to hear about Petey. Until we all meet again at the Bridge, rest well sweet boy.

#Sara Heartbroken and so very very sorry.

#Maggie So sorry Carol! Just know you did everything you could for him, he had a wonderful life with you and your family, he was the most lucky dog that I know!!!

#Lori so so sorry Carol. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. They leave such an imprint on our hearts and are truly our children.

#Ward I'm so sorry to hear it. I know what you must be feeling. I find myself chocking up when I just think about losing my dog. Very sad, my heart goes out to you.

#Lisa Carol let's celebrate the wonderful life you gave to him.
Run free sweet beautiful Petey! You could not change it... and you did your best to keep him happy and healthy.

#Amanda Hugs and kisses to you Petey...run free and happy and watch over your mum xx

#Laurie So very sorry RIP Petey -- beautiful boy :(

#Sheila You CAN do this Carol. Stay strong. You did everything you could humanly do for your handsome Doberboy Petey. Many of us adored him from afar and are grieving with you. I loved Petey, I love you and will be praying for you. I don't have to pray for Petey cause he was perfect and is now in heaven waiting for your time, so he can come greet you. He will watch over you for all your days now. Big Hugs to you.

#Cristina Ohhhh my god, I always hope it's not so bad. I watched your story and I loved Petey. is very sad ... RIP

#Maria My condolences Carol. I wished really hard for this day not to come so soon. He gave all to you and you reciprocated that right back to him. He is looking down on you right now with such love and respect. The things we learned from him and you from afar will always have a place in my heart and I will never forget the memory of your Petey boy. RIP sweet man, grow those wings and continue to watch over your momma.

#Kim carol, i know how much this hurts. there aren't words.

#Jenn Carol - there are no words that can express how sorry I am to hear this. I know he will be waiting for you. You and you family will be in my thoughts.

#Nicole Carol - I just don't have the words. We all loved Petey through you and are mourning his passing as well. He's where this awful disease can't hurt him now and I know he took your love and devotion with him.

#Errica I am so sorry for your loss. Petey will always be my favorite red boy. Thank you for sharing him with all of us. You and your family gave Petey the best life a dog could have and I hope you can find peace in the memories you guys made together.

#Kris Carol I am so sorry to Hear about petey. You gave him a lot more time with a great family. There are so many people here for you. Petey will be missed.

#Sara Carol, my heart is breaking for you and the marvellous, extraordinary, beloved Petey.

#Stephanie am so sorry... Petey had the best dobermom... you will be in my thoughts and prayers.(((((((((hugs))))))))

#Denise I am so sorry....my thoughts and prayers are with you. God speed Petey.

#Jon This is so heart breaking. Thank you for giving him such an amazing life Carol. He is going to be sorely missed by all of us.

#Ellen Such a shock to hear this news about the best red boy ever. It may sound silly, but I was attached to Petey as if I saw him on a daily basis. Carol, you gave him the best life possible. Please know I am thinking about you and your family.

#Hana Words can't describe how sad I feel...hugs : (

#Meghan Thinking of you and your family Carol... I'm so sorry for you loss. Petey is love! ♥

#Elly Oh Carol, just read this, so very sorry for your loss!

#Tim i really don't have the words carol...i am so sorry to hear this...you gave Petey best life any dog could ever hope to have...i'll keep you, your family and Monty in my thoughts

#Helen Carol, I'm so sad hearing your news. I know how much you love Petey. What a wonderful life you gave him. Hugs to the family.

#Kathryn Carol, I am so sorry for your incredible loss.

When I first brought Bella home, it was you and your relationship with Petey, out of all the wonderful Doberparents I met, that I most identified with.

So, when Petey was diagnosed my heart was broken for you
...
I cried like a baby when I read about this day and this hour that we all knew would eventually unfold. I read it out loud to my husband and we both cried.

To Petey, you were his life, the sun and the moon. To the rest of us, you, Petey, Monty, your family you have been and I am sure will continue to be an example and an inspiration of how to do it right.

How to love. Persistently. With patience. Accepting the unacceptable and through amazing pain, still finding the resources to give your very best.

Thank you Carol, and Petey and Monty. We will never forget.

#Barbara Carol, my heart breaks for you...I am so very sorry. He could not have had a more caring loving person to take care of him. He was blessed to have you, and i hope in time the joy he gave you will give you solace. Thinking of you and sending tons of love.

#Erin Carol, my heart is breaking for you and your family. There aren't words for how much you hurt right now. Hold tight to Monty. He will help you through this difficult time.

#Andrea OH NO!!!! I'm so sorry, Carol. You are in our thoughts.
Run free handsome Petey! xoxo

#Kim Oh my goodness Carol! I just logged on and I was devastated to hear about Petey! We are all crying with you. You gave him an amazing life and maybe he will ultimately help to solve this terrible DCM puzzle. He was a magnificent boy.

#Tamara My heart goes out to you.

#Liliane So sorry for your loss Carol may we all find the cure some day.

#Steve My condolences on the loss of Petey, Carol. Even though I've never met him, I know how much he loved you & how much you guys loved him... I had a black lab for 17 yrs. He was a Petey, too. Best dog I ever had. I always thought of him whenever you'd post your Petey pics... Godspeed Petey!

#Katie Oh Carol, I am so sorry! I am crying with you. I just cannot believe it. Were thinking of you and send so much love your way. ♥ Louie, Scooby, Lily, and Katie.

#Mary Jo 'm so sorry Carol - you gave him a fantastic life and crammed a lot of love into too few years. RIP Petey

#Mandy So sorry for you loss...those red boys really get into our heart and how painful it is when they leave...((HUGS))

#Lauren so sorry to hear about petey. keeping you all in my thoughts♥

#Megan Carol, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know you celebrated Petey's life though every single day since you found out his diagnosis. He lived such an amazing life with an amazing mom!!

#Craig Carol, I've very sorry to hear this news. Petey couldnt have had a better family, no doubt about that.

#
Helen Allen-Truitt Carol, what a difficult day this must have been..my heart hurts for you guys...

#Michelle Rest in peace little Petey. I hope my own red boy finds you and keeps you company.
Sunday at 5:27pm · UnlikeLike · 2 peopleLoading...

#Donald I'm so sorry Carol. My heart goes out to you and your family
Sunday at 5:29pm · UnlikeLike · 1 personLoading...

#Megan So handsome ♥

#Lois Petey you are in a beautiful place and running free of pain.
Sunday at 5:30pm · UnlikeLike · 2 peopleLoading...

#Kelli Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you. I loved you so....Twas Heaven here with you.

#Sara dear Petey. May sunlit meadows and sweet streams be yours until you are with your family once more, never to be parted.

#Kim Awww Carol I'm so sorr to hear that...you were a great friend to him and took such awesome care..may he rest in peace. I am sure you will meet again in a better place in time. For now he is with your dad and will be his sidekick til you meet up. Xoxo much love sent your families way

#Katie His time here was too short. But the time he did have on this Earth was well spent and so well loved and treated by you and your family. He was truly blessed to have you. I've already said a prayer for you and yours. May God give you peace with the passing of your sweet Boy.

#Larry So saddened by this Carol. Just gave my best friend another kiss, hug, and an extra treat in Petey's honor.

#Maria Love this photo! Memories of him will be cherished.

#Lisa He certainly took a piece of your heart with him - but left you his in its place.

#Valerie What a great photo. He was so loved. Sorry for your loss.

#Lindsay I'm so very sorry for your loss... My heart aches for you at this extremely difficult time!!! I know that he had the very best family and knew he was loved more than anything...rip sweet boy! Please give my Summy a kiss up there for me♥

#Sue My heart goes out to you and your family.

#Susan It is so hard to loose our babies. They are such a big part of our family. I lost one of mine this year so I understand.

#Renée Oh Carol - I am soooo sorry - my heart hurts for you. hugs and kisses being sent your way. xoxo :(

#Sheila I know this is selfish of me to say, but I can't look at a picture of Petey with out bursting in tears, and I have never met him in real life, only loved from a distance. I can only IMAGINE what you are feeling. Thank God Monty is with you. Remember how happy he was. You did right by him all the way. Again, he will come to collect you when your time in this world is up and until then, he will guard you from above. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

#Dianne Oh Carol I am so sorry !!! I know how special he was to you and your family. He was so lucky to have been taken care of and loved by you. My thoughts and prayers are with you ♥

#Zoe So sorry carol, I'm thinking of you xxxx

#Andrea Carol, My heart felt thoughts go out to you! I know how much he meant to you and your family. Hugs to you all

#Edward R.I.P Big Petey
All the precious moments............

#Donna Sorry to hear this carol and bob. Petey was a special guy i feel like i knew him from all the fb posts. We lost our Gracie back in April and we miss her tons

#Kristi Carol and Bob, I am so sorry to hear of Petey passing, so painful, but he knew how much he was loved and you guys made sure every second counted! {{Hugs}} ugh! xoxo

#Michelle So sorry for your loss Carol. I know how much you love him.

#Marina I'm really sorry Carol, I know how much you loved Petey! Such a handsome dog. May he rest in peace. ♥

#Wei I'm so sorry Carol. Hugs and kisses for you and wonderful Petey...

#Kathryn I've been thinking, from time to time to day about the TeePee...a lovely spot. A playful spot. A hiking place.....All things that remind me of Petey.

#Michele Oh, Carol, I am so sorry. Sending hugs to all of you.

#Wendy Yes, the perfect spot. It seems that you and your family have many special memories that were made there at the TeePee and I've enjoyed seeing all the photos taken there through the past year. It makes me cry just thinking about what you are going through today, but I know you will find comfort just being near him every time you go to this spot.

#Susan sorry to hear the news, sending hugs to you XO

#Amanda Carol I am so sorry. I thought he was doing so well. You know he will always have a special place in my heart. So much love being sent your way xxxx

#Traci It's a PERFECT place for his spirit to soar and he will be guardian of all the good that has and will happen there, in your piece of paradise. With you~ALWAYS & everywhere.

#BettyJane Oh, Carol, I'm SO sorry..I know your heart is breaking right now, mine is breaking for you. Petey's life may have been short, but it was not short on love. He'll be in your heart forever, but for now he's running free and happy with Gretchen, Brandon, Kara and many others! Love and hugs to you ♥ xoxoxo

#Jean My heart hurts for you right now. Be strong. love you

#Lisa So very sorry....hugs to you all!

#Clare hugs x

#Jackie So sorry for your loss...

#Alissa What a wonderful final resting place that you chose for Petey. He will ALWAYS be with you and your family Carol. Now time spent at the teepee will be even more special. My wish for you and your family is that you will all make more memories there and that Petey will always be a part of them. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

#Lyn It honestly hurts me to even post. I loved Petey so much & never even met him.

#Sue so sorry for your loss Carol & Bobby. Luckiest dog in the world to have had you as parents !! ♥

#Phil I know how hard losing him must be but he had a good life with you.

#Alisa Carol I am beyond devastated for you and your family. I KNOW how much all of you loved and cherished Petey. I prayed that this day would never come. I know how much you will miss him and I am so very, very sorry. My heart is breaking for all of you. You are all in my heart and prayers. Run Free Petey

#Two Rescued Dobes am very sorry for your loss....

#Gary Carol I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. I heard today of Petey's passing. I hope you can get through this difficult time. You did everything in your life together and all that know you and Petey know what a very special relationship you shared. Good Speed Petey.

#Aaron Hi Carol, I know you and your fam loved Petey. I'm sorry for your loss.

#Phil Carol, you and your family are in my thoughts. Very sorry for your loss.

#Heidi Carol, I am so engulfed with grief for you and your family. I read this with Ariel and she actually put her arm around me and let me cry on her. I relate so closely after losing Cleopatra and with Jordan the same age as Petey it sometimes feel like I'm grieving every day with worry. As much as I hate that feeling, I have no regrets because I know how much I love my boy, just like your love for ...Petey. You love them every day you are blessed to have them and continue loving them. Your sadness fades as amazing memories start filling in the loss. You are one of the few that never needed the reminder to cherish every day. Only the experience of great loss can teach that lesson. Now to start cherishing the memories and celebrating the lessons Petey taught so many people. His body may have faultered but his legacy is eternal. Ariel tells me to tell you, and coming directly from me too, that we love you, and we truely do.

#Lana Carol, I just read Heidi's post to you... I had no idea...I thought he had been holding his own. I am so, so terribly sad for you and your family. My heart is breaking so I can't imagine how you feel. I know he was your baby, your heart dog and words cannot express how much I wish I could take this pain away for you. You were the best dog mom Petey could have had, you gave him an amazing life and he brought amazing memories to you that you will always cherish. Please know that I am sending you hugs, strength and love. xoxo

#Leanne Carol, harp asked me to pass forward his heart felt condolences. He wishes that Petey and kleo are together looking down on us. As I lay my head down to sleep tonight I think of you and your special boy. It was such an honor to meet him with lexx. Lexx sends
Nubbins to you and Monty and the men of the house. He says that you lent me such strength when I needed it most, and now we will repay that favour however possible. Love and hugs and partners in thoughtful silence, ♥

#Amanda Carol, my heart is literally breaking for you. There is nothing I can say apart from I am in total shock and I am sending you and your family every bit of my love.

#Julie Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed.
...For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

~ Constance Jenkins

Thinking of you all.....

#Denise Vegas and Roulette sends kisses your way today. Thinking of you. I changed my profile picture to Petey in honor of his memory and the fight for a cure for DCM.

#Margaret Carol so sorry to hear about Petey, he was so lucky to have been a part of your family. I lost my little Aggie two years ago and still miss him.

#Diane Carol...just read about Petey...so very sorry....we love our pets like family . Petey could not have been loved more...

#Patty I just wanted to say how sorry I am about Petey. He was such a handsome, good boy! I write this with a tear in my eye because I know how sad this time is...I hope your heart heals soon. You were an excellent Mom to him and he lived a good life because of you...he was very lucky! RIP Petey...xoxo

#Melissa Aunt Carol i am so sorry to hear about Petty. There are no words for loss. I wish the best for everyone and your in my prayers. RIP Petty. XOXO

#Crystal Sending healing thoughts. ~Petey waits for you at the bridge.

# Victoria sending love to you, Petey was a lucky dog to have had you in his life and I'm sure he knew it ! xxxxxxxxxxxx